Article 1 General
1. The Adventure Book located in the Netherlands.
a. Address: Goudsesingel 44 B, 3011KC Rotterdam the Netherlands
b. VAT-number: NL002278629B55
c. Chamber of Commerce Number: 61464546
2. In these terms and conditions, we mean by:
a. The Adventure Book: The company that creates and sells travel journals, stationery and other products.
b. Consumer: a person who does not act in a profession or business and who enters into an agreement with The Adventure Book;
c. Entrepreneur: a natural or legal person who offers products and/or services to consumers.
d. Contracts at a Distance: contracts between a business and a customer that are only reached through distance communication for the delivery of products or the provision of services.
e. Reflection period: the period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal. The right of withdrawal gives the consumer the opportunity to cancel the distance contract within the cooling-off period.
f. Products: (definition)
i. The Adventure Book - Your Journal Around The World
ii. The Adventure Book Ultimate Traveler's Edition
iii. The Adventure Book – Europe Edition
iv. Travel Sticker Set
v. Wooden Stamp Set
vi. Printable Stationery Set (Digital Download)
vii. Printable Flags Set (Digital Download)
viii. The Adventure Book - North America Edition
ix. Printable National Park Badges (Digital Download)
x. Printable North America Flags Set (Digital Download)
g. Data carrier: any means that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information that is addressed to him/her, in a way that allows future consultation and unchanged reproduction of the stored information.
h. Alternative sales platforms: The Adventure Book collaborates with other sales platforms, these platforms operate independently, if a consumer or entrepreneur does business with such a platform, the conditions of the relevant platform apply.
i. Technique for distance communication means that it can be used to conclude an agreement, without the consumer and entrepreneur being in the same room at the same time.Article 2 Applicability
Article 3 Offer and agreement
The offer on the website of The Adventure Book contains a complete and accurate description of the products offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to let the consumer make a proper assessment of the offer.
The Adventure Book uses images, which are a true representation of the products offered.
Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer do not in principle bind The Adventure Book.
If an offer has a limited period of validity or is subject to conditions, The Adventure Book will clearly state this with the relevant offer.
Consumer accepts the agreement electronically; The Adventure Book immediately confirms receipt of acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed by The Adventure Book, the consumer can dissolve the agreement.
The Adventure Book has the right to inform itself within the legal framework whether the consumer can meet his / her payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If, on the basis of this investigation, the entrepreneur has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request with reasons, or to attach special conditions to the implementation.
Article 4 Price and payment
1. The prices stated in the range of products include VAT.
2. During the period of validity stated in the offer, the prices of the products offered will not be increased, except for possible price changes based on a change in the VAT rate.
3. Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
4. The consumer is obliged to pay the amount due immediately after he/she accepts the offer.
Article 5 Right of withdrawal
The Adventure Book only sells products. The consumer can dissolve an agreement regarding the purchase of a product during a cooling-off period of 14 days without giving reasons. Of course, we at The Adventure Book appreciate that you share the reason for invoking your right of withdrawal with us, of course this is on a voluntary basis.
The consumer cannot invoke the right of withdrawal with regard to digital goods, with regard to these goods, the nature of these goods excludes an appeal to the right of withdrawal.
The cooling-off period referred to in paragraph 1 starts the day after the consumer, or a third party designated in advance by the consumer, who is not the carrier, has received the product, or:
a. if the consumer has ordered several products in the same order: the day on which the consumer, or a third party designated by him, has received the last product. The entrepreneur may, provided he has clearly informed the consumer about this prior to the ordering process, refuse an order for several products with different delivery times.
b. if the delivery of a product consists of several shipments or parts: the day on which the consumer, or a third party designated by him, has received the last shipment or the last part;
4. You can download the Model form for an appeal to the right of withdrawal here.
5. During the cooling-off period, the consumer must handle the product and the packaging with care. The consumer will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to determine the nature, characteristics and functioning of the product.
6. The consumer is liable for any reduction in the value of the product if he/she does not act in accordance with paragraph 4 of this article.
7. If the consumer makes use of his/her right of withdrawal, he/she will report this within the cooling-off period by means of the model form for withdrawal.
8. The consumer returns the product with all accessories supplied, if reasonably possible in the original condition and packaging, and in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
9. The consumer shall return the product to The Adventure Book within 14 days from the day following the notification referred to in paragraph 6. The risk and the burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal lie with the consumer.
10. The consumer bears the direct costs of returning the product.
11. If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, all additional agreements will be dissolved by operation of law.
12. As soon as The Adventure Book has received the model withdrawal form from the consumer, The Adventure Book will immediately send a confirmation of receipt.
13. The Adventure Book will reimburse all payments made by the consumer, including any delivery costs with regard to entire orders charged by The Adventure Book for the returned product, immediately but within 14 days following the day on which the consumer has reported the withdrawal.
14. Returns outside the stated withdrawal period are not possible.
15. The Adventure Book uses the same payment method that the consumer has used for reimbursement, unless the consumer agrees to a different method. The refund is free of charge for the consumer.
16. If the consumer has opted for a more expensive method of delivery than the standard delivery, the additional costs will remain for the account of the customer and The Adventure Book will only refund the costs of the standard delivery.
Article 6 Intellectual property
1. All intellectual property rights of the items sold by the Company, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets, are owned by the Company or its licensors.
2. The consumer may not reproduce, distribute or otherwise use the intellectual property of the company without the prior written consent of the company.
3. All intellectual property rights that have been created in the context of the service belong to The Adventure Book. This includes, for example:
b. To design
c. Written works
e. Information from the website
4. The texts, images, creative elements and company name are in principle the property of The Adventure Book with the exception of documents supplied by third parties that are subject to valid intellectual property rights.
Article 7 Compliance and delivery
1. The Adventure Book guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of soundness and/or usability and the existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement. statutory provisions and/or government regulations. If agreed, The Adventure Book also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
2. The Adventure Book will take the greatest possible care when receiving and executing orders for products.
3. The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to The Adventure Book.
4. The Adventure Book strives to deliver the products as quickly as possible, for an up-to-date overview of delivery times we refer to the website of our suppliers, if you want to know more about your order you can contact us directly.
5. The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests with The Adventure Book until the moment of delivery of the product(s) by the carrier engaged. In addition, the consumer actively and adequately cooperated if a delivery is damaged or missing.
6. The consumer has the right to dissolve the agreement if The Adventure Book imputably fails in the fulfillment of his / her obligations, unless the shortcoming does not justify termination due to its nature or minor significance. If the fulfillment of the obligation by The Adventure Book is not permanently or temporarily impossible, dissolution can only take place after The Adventure Book is in default.
7. The Adventure Book always has the right to dissolve the agreement with the consumer if the customer does not fully or timely fulfill his obligations under the agreement, or if The Adventure Book has become aware of circumstances that give it good cause. to fear that the customer will not properly fulfill his obligations or act contrary to the terms and conditions of The Adventure Book.
Article 8 Liability
The Adventure Book is only liable for any damage suffered by the customer if and insofar as that damage is caused by intent or deliberate recklessness.
If The Adventure Book is liable for any damage, it is only liable for direct damage resulting from or related to the implementation of the agreement.
The Adventure Book is never liable for indirect damage, such as consequential damage, lost profit, missed savings or damage to third parties.
If The Adventure Book is liable, this liability is limited to the amount paid out by a liability insurance policy and in the absence of (full) payment by an insurance company of the damage amount, the liability is limited to (part of the) invoice amount to which the liability relates.
All images, photos, colors, drawings, descriptions on the website are only indicative and are only approximate and cannot give rise to compensation and/or partial dissolution or suspension of any obligation.
Any right of the consumer to compensation from The Adventure Book expires in any case 12 months after the event from which the liability (in)directly arises. This does not exclude what is stipulated in art. 6:98 Civil Code.
Article 9 Complaints, disputes and choice of law
1. If the consumer has a complaint, he/she can appeal to The Adventure Book's complaints procedure. A complaint submitted to The Adventure Book will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt.
2. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, The Adventure Book will respond within the period of 14 days with a notice of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
3. From 15 February 2016 it is also possible for consumers in the EU to register complaints via the ODR platform of the European Commission.
4. Only Dutch law applies to the agreement and the performance between The Adventure Book and the consumer. With regard to a dispute, only a Dutch competent court can rule in the location of The Adventure Book.
Article 10 Changes
1. The Adventure Book is authorized to change or supplement the general terms and conditions at all times, the service recipient will also be informed of a relevant change to the general terms and conditions for existing agreements.
Article 11 Additional provisions
1. Announcements are subject to printing and typesetting errors, in case of doubt the User must conduct further investigation in this regard. This can be done by simply contacting The Adventure Book.